Financial Planning Advice Disclosure
Financial advice provided by Britannia Financial Planning Limited
Britannia Financial Planning Limited (FSP40721), trading as Britannia Financial Planning (referred to as Britannia Financial Planning, we, ourselves, our or us in this statement), holds a licence issued by the Financial Markets Authority to provide a financial advice service.
Nature and Scope of the Advice
We employ financial advisers within our team to provide financial advice and investment planning services on our behalf.
We provide financial advice in relation to:
- Retirement planning
- Investment planning
- UK Pension Transfers
- Cash management and budgeting
- Risk management (insurance)
- General advice on asset protection and estate planning
- General advice on taxation relating to investments and insurance
- Property investments
We only provide financial advice relating to products provided by the following product providers:
Managed Investment Schemes
Britannia Financial Services Limited, ANZ New Zealand Investments Limited and Mercer (N.Z.) Limited.
UK Pension Transfers
Britannia Financial Services Limited and Britannia Nominees Limited.
ANZ New Zealand Investments Limited, Booster Financial Services Limited, Fisher Funds Management Limited, Mercer (N.Z.) Limited, Milford Funds Limited and Smartshares Limited.
Life, Trauma, Income Protection, Mortgage Protection, Household Expenses and Total And Permanent Disability Insurance, Key Person and Business Insurance
AIA New Zealand Limited, Asteron Life Limited, Cigna Life Insurance New Zealand Limited, Fidelity Life Assurance Company Limited, Partners Life Limited.
Private Health Insurance
Health Service Welfare Society Limited (Trading as Accuro Health Insurance), AIA New Zealand Limited, nib NZ Limited, Partners Life Limited.
Investment Management (WRAP) Platform
ANZ New Zealand Investments Limited.
Fees or Expenses
We will be remunerated for the financial advice that is provided to you. This may be by way of a fee paid by you (that could be payable directly by you or deducted from your investment from a product provider) or by a commission paid to us by a product provider. Any fee that we charge will depend on the nature of the financial advice and service that you have engaged us to provide.
We are required to tell you the specific fees, commissions, any extra payments, and other benefits that we receive or may receive in relation to the services we provide to you. We must tell you these things before we give you financial advice or provide a service or, if that is not practical, as soon as reasonably practicable after we give you advice or provide a service.
Conflicts of Interest and Incentives
A conflict of interest means any interest of Britannia Financial Planning which you may reasonably think is likely to influence financial advice provided to you by us.
We may receive a commission from certain product providers upon business being placed or retained with that provider. The value of the commission Britannia Financial Planning receives depends on what agreement is in place with a provider. Any commission we receive from a particular product provider will be fully disclosed before we give you financial advice.
Our financial advisers receive a salary as employees of Britannia Financial Planning. They are also eligible to receive a regular incentive payment. This incentive is based on a number of factors which include:
- Providing compliant advice which meets both our and industry best practice standards
- Meeting both our and the Financial Markets Authority’s good conduct requirements which, among other things, create good outcomes for our clients
- Acting in line with our company values
- Meeting revenue targets
Britannia Financial Planning financial advisers, staff and directors may also be our shareholders and therefore receive shareholder distributions from us.
To ensure our financial advisers, staff and directors prioritise client interests:
- We follow an advice process that ensures our recommendations are made appropriately, based on client goals and circumstances
- We have a conflicts of interest policy and maintain registers of conflicts of interests and gifts received. These registers are monitored regularly, and training on their operation is provided, as required
- We have a Britannia Financial Planning Compliance Manager who is responsible for requiring and reviewing compliance with the conflicts of interest policy
- We undertake an annual independent Compliance Assurance Review
Complaints Handling and Dispute Resolution
If you are not satisfied with our service or financial advice, please tell us as soon as possible so that we can try and resolve this for you to the best of our ability. It is our intention to provide the best possible service we can for our clients and we will do our best to try and resolve any complaint received as quickly and effectively as possible. You can make a complaint by calling 0800 29 39 39 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also write to us at Compliance Manager, Britannia Financial Planning, PO Box 302 369, North Harbour, Auckland 0751.
If a complaint is received:
- We will consider your complaint and let you know how we intend to resolve it. Where possible, we try to resolve your complaint immediately
- If we are unable to resolve your complaint immediately, we will acknowledge your complaint within 2 working days
- Within 7 working days of receiving your complaint we will:
- Advise who will be dealing with your complaint (this will be someone who was not involved in the original issue)
- Advise the timeframe within which the complaint will be dealt with
- Provide more detailed information on our internal and external dispute resolution process
- Request further information if required
- We will contact you by phone, email or letter to let you know whether we can resolve your complaint and how we propose to do so
If we cannot agree on how to resolve the issue, you can contact our external disputes resolution scheme, the Insurance & Financial Services Ombudsman. The Insurance & Financial Services Ombudsman provides a free and independent dispute resolution service that may help to investigate or resolve your complaint if we have not been able to do so to your satisfaction. To contact the Insurance & Financial Ombudsman you can:
Call: 0800 888 202
Write to: PO Box 10-845, Wellington 6143
Britannia Financial Planning has duties under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 relating to the way we give advice. When providing advice we are required to:
- Give priority to your interests by taking all reasonable steps to make sure our advice isn’t materially influenced by our own interests;
- Exercise care, diligence, and skill in providing you with advice;
- Meet applicable standards of competence, knowledge and skill set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure that we have the expertise needed to provide you with advice); and
- Meet standards of ethical behaviour, conduct and client care set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure we treat you fairly, and give you suitable advice)
This is only a summary of the duties that Britannia Financial Planning has. More information is available by contacting us, or by visiting the Financial Markets Authority website at https://www.fma.govt.nz.
Britannia Financial Planning Limited (FSP40721), trading as Britannia Financial Planning is the Financial Advice Provider. To contact us you can:
Call: 0800 29 39 39
Write to: Britannia Financial Planning Limited, PO Box 302 369, North Harbour, Auckland 0751.